July 9, 2013
From Hawaii to Tennessee, God is Moving
In just four months, the week of Billy Graham’s 95th birthday, thousands of Christians will open their homes to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ through My Hope America. Momentum continues to build with more than 16,000 churches already participating (as of July 3), and we’re hearing highly motivating reports from across the country.
Here are some of the amazing reports for which we are praising God:
- The Hawaii Pacific Baptist Convention has taken their own initiative to create a downloadable 21-day prayer guide specifically for My Hope America.
- Churches in Circleville, Ohio, are holding a “Hope Walk” during which they will gather and walk the community streets praying for My Hope America. The mayor of Circleville has declared the week of Nov. 17 “The Week of Hope.” Churches in the community have set a goal of 1,000 Matthew homes!
- Woodland Park Baptist Church in Oak Ridge, Tenn., has seen 57 people make decisions for Christ in the past 12 months. Pastor Tim Kinsey has already trained 75 people to be Matthews, and is expecting to train at least 10 more.
- The My Hope America State Coordinator for Wisconsin was invited by a My Hope America participant to visit with a man suffering from stage 4 lung cancer who only has four months left to live. Our coordinator went through the My Hope America discipleship booklet with this man and he accepted Christ. He now wants to live out the rest of his days as a Matthew.
We need your prayer support. Here’s how you can pray specifically:
- During the next month, we expect to hold more than 100 My Hope America Pastor Preparation Meetings, with meetings taking place in every state in the U.S. Thousands of mailings, emails and phone calls precede every meeting—pray that the Holy Spirit will accompany all these communications, and that pastors will be motivated to come and prepare to participate in My Hope America with Billy Graham.
Thank you for sharing in the excitement and joining us in prayer. Would you like your church to be involved in this excitement, too? It can! Let your pastor know about it. You can share this link to the sign up page: http://myhopewithbillygraham.org/pastors/sign-up/